Friday, May 15, 2009

graduation, babies and moms


KC graduated from college on Saturday so we had a fun day in Auburn celebrating.  We had a party afterward with KC's roomate Jake and his family.  His grandmother, Nana, was there.  She was, by far, my favorite to talk to.  And the story begins.....Jake is from a big family 4 boys and 1 girl.  (His mom is a rockstar.)  Well we asked Nana what she was doing for mother's day.  She replied "Hopefully, being by myself. My husband is going to fix me lunch and I just want to be by myself.  I told Jake this was it.  This graduation celebration counts as a mother's day celebration too."

I loved this.  I really feel like this will be me, good or bad.  I love to be by myself.  I can see that will be a treat after you have all these people running around.  They are a blessing, don't get me wrong.  But there is just a good feeling deep down inside about the thought of some alone time.  I love how when you get old you just become brutally honest.  No need to sugar coat.

KC and his fiancee, Brittany.  We had tons o' fun talking about wedding stuff!
My little brother.  And just like that he is grown up!
Jake the roommate, on the far right.
My new nephew, sweet Bolton.  Newborns are so snugly.

No comments: