Sunday, June 14, 2009

just like that...one year old




I just want a small piece of you
a token to put in my pocket
and I will own that one thing
and it would make me happy
I just want a small piece of you
somethin to put in a locket
and i will look at it daily
and that will make me happy

Sara Groves... StationWagon CD






When you reach the proper age
I will teach you to read and you can turn the pages
How to dress and tie your shoes
Your one plus ones, and your two times two's
And you'll teach me
Of hearts and dreams
And all the most important things
And all that i have lost along the way
And I can't wait


Precious Josie...
I never realized what all I had lost along the way of life until you came.  You brought, joy, refinement, beauty, laughter and my child-like faith back.  You have taught me what it feels like to love hard and deep without thought or care of pain.  What an amazing gift of humility and joy you have given to me!  I love being your mom!  It is a gift and an honor only the Lord would bestow!
Mom

4 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

oh, sweet josie, we love you! glad you had a great birthday!!!

The Jacobs Family said...

Happy Birthday Josie. You have two amazing parents!

Kelly Ford said...

Ok, i'm wiping away tears now... this post is so sweet. Just like the little girl it is written for. She's beautiful, Christy. Seriously.

kevin queen said...

love this Kris.