Hilton Head is my favorite for the following reasons.
1. You escape reality of city life. (this has many facets)
2. We rode our bike everywhere. (exercise and purpose all at the same time)
3. Low tourist volume.
4. Many mom and pop restaurants (sorry Destin, not true for you)
5. The beach smoothly goes into the ocean...no huge hump (i am sure there is a more technical term for this) of sand before the water. (do you know what I am referring to here?)
6. It is so well preserved that you see so many family traditions (Sea Pines).
Enough for now...here are some pictures.